- Encourage every new scout to reach Tenderfoot rank within the first 3 months.
- Plan at least 1 fun "outside" event every few months where scouts can invite their non-scouting friends. You might even recruit a few scouts as well.
- Follow up with parents of new scouts to make sure they feel involved, appreciated and kept in the loop.
- Make an effort to help the younger scouts feel included and respected in all troop meetings.
- Help the younger scouts foster meaningful friendships by pairing them with their friends when possible.
- Have the older scouts explain the WHY behind every scout lesson taught.